It was a long week here in Pixie Hollow, getting caught up from our travels to Walt Disney World. So we spent the week watching classic movies and you were asked..
What movie is this first line from?
“In a far away land, long ago, lived a king and his fair queen.”
The answer was Sleeping Beauty !
Congratulations Barry Shepherd, I will be emailing you !
Here’s some fun facts about Sleeping Beauty..
- Sleeping Beauty spent nearly the entire decade of the 1950s in production
- The last Disney animated film to use hand-inked cels
- Based on these two fairy tales“La Belle au bois dormant” by Charles Perrault and “Little Briar Rose” by The Brothers Grimm
- It was the 16th film in Walt Disney Animated Classics series
- It was the last fairy tale produced by Disney for some years, thanks to its initial disappointing box office gross; the studio did not return to the genre until years after Disney’s death with the release of The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Sleeping Beauty was the first animated film to be photographed in the Technirama widescreen process
Thanks for playing, don’t forget we have an all new one starting. Check it out and see if you can answer Trivia Tink.
Written by Erin Benge, also known as “TriviaTink” — Erin is an expert in planning Disney & Orlando vacations. She specializes in traveling with toddlers and multiple generations. Book your next Disney & Orlando vacation with Erin at ErinBenge@DestinationsinFlorida.com!