Endless Fun in the Sun Awaits at LEGOLAND® Beach Retreat
All-new accommodations at LEGOLAND Florida Resort promise plenty of fun in the sun when LEGOLAND Beach Retreat opens April 7.
Filled with creative LEGO® theming inside and out, the village-style vacation resort features brightly colored bungalows grouped into 13 horseshoe-shaped “coves” named after popular LEGO Minifigures. The fun begins almost immediately, thanks to a speedy, drive-through check-in service that will take you from your car to your cove in minutes. Unveiled today, it’s designed to make staying at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat as carefree as a day at the beach.
To illustrate the unique amenity, LEGOLAND Florida Resort created a whimsical video showing check-in from a kid’s perspective, the first of several videos that will spotlight the many features that make LEGOLAND Beach Retreat the vacation destination #BuiltForKids.
Located three-quarters of a mile from the theme park entrance on the tranquil shores of Lake Dexter, the vacation oasis is the first of its kind among the seven LEGOLAND resorts worldwide. Each cove has its own outdoor play area within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios, where mom and dad can relax while kids romp and run.
Designed to look like larger-than-life LEGO sets, the 83 LEGO bungalows offer 166 separate rooms that sleep up to five, including a cozy area just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed and privacy curtain. They’re an ideal solution for larger families and groups traveling together, or for those seeking a whole new way to vacation at LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
Along with picturesque lake views and a giant LEGO lighthouse featuring a real rotating beacon, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat highlights also include:
• A giant swimming pool next to The Lighthouse, with an adjacent sandy area perfect for building sandcastles and the resort’s biggest outdoor play structure for kids.
• Sandy’s Castle Restaurant, featuring a bountiful menu of entrees, sides and desserts designed to please the palates of kids and grownups alike. 2 o A delicious breakfast buffet is included with each night’s stay; lunch and dinner are available without reservations.
• Bricks Beach Bar, offering an eclectic menu of made-to-order food, drinks and creative cocktails served both poolside and indoors.
• Palm Tree Traders, a large retail shop stocked with LEGO building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks and sundries.
• A hands-on LEGO building activity where kids can contribute their own original creations to a giant sandcastle made out of thousands of LEGO bricks.
• Free Wi-Fi accessible throughout the entire site, indoors and out.
• Complimentary transportation to the theme park entrance, as well as complimentary parking in LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s main parking lot for guests who choose to drive.
• Early access to the theme park, with exclusive use of some of the most popular attractions, including the all-new LEGO NINJAGO® World and LEGO NINJAGO The Ride.
Opening less than two years after the debut of the popular 152-room LEGOLAND Hotel, and with its own unique, outdoor-themed amenities, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat more than doubles on-site accommodations and gives guests great new reasons to play — and stay — at LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Nightly room rates start at $135 (plus tax and resort fee) and vary by season, date and availability.
Packages including theme park tickets also are available, and Awesomer and Awesomest Annual Pass Members receive a 10 percent discount year-round. To book a stay, visit LEGOLAND.com/beachretreat or call (877) 350-5346 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Meanwhile, families hitting the road this Spring Break have a fun new way to pass the time on the way to LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Designed for kids 6-12, Quest to LEGOLAND is a first-of-its-kind GPS game that turns the journey to the Florida vacation destination into an adventure as you drive. Available as a free download for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets from Google Play and the App Store, the innovative and entertaining app stars familiar LEGOLAND characters as they quest through one of four themed environments — pirate, adventure, kingdom and beach.
Along the way, real-time Google Maps data transforms the trip into an interactive experience for each player. Instead of traditional step-by-step navigation, kids unlock themed missions, play car games, answer trivia questions and learn about the world around them as passing landmarks pop up on screen while they travel. With 40 games, thousands of landmarks and contextual trivia, what players see depends on the route families take, so each trip is unique. The quest is complete when the mobile device detects that the player has arrived at the Florida resort.
More than 50 rides, shows and attractions inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO® brands await at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, including experiences based on “The LEGO Movie™,” LEGO NINJAGO, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS™, LEGO City, LEGO Technic and LEGO Friends. Upcoming events included with park admission include including KIDZ BOP Weekend (April 28-30), LEGO® Star Wars™ Days (May 6-7 and 13-14) and LEGOLAND Knight Lights (select dates in July).