As the owner of a health and fitness company in her hometown of Georgetown, Ontario, Carrie helps men and women reach their dreams every day. But while Carrie is away at her favorite vacation destination, Walt Disney World Resort, she makes sure that her family doesn’t forget that good health is important even while on vacation!
Here are Carrie’s top five tips for staying fit and healthy on your next Disney Parks vacation:
- Make time to play at the resort pools or Typhoon Lagoon. “My kids love swimming and it’s a total body exercise,” Carrie says.
- Rent a tandem bike at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn. “Canadian winters make biking tough, so it’s always a treat for us to take a bike ride in March when we typically visit.”
- Stroll or run along the walking paths at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside. “The pathway there is such a great thing. My family will race the boat as it goes along the water near the path and see who can get there first!”
- Opt for veggies instead of French fries. “There are so many healthy options at Disney; you’re not going to blow your diet. Most meals at Disney come with great fruit or veggie options, so eating healthy here doesn’t have to be bland or boring.”
- Sneak fitness in wherever you can. “It may sound funny, but we’ll run from pavilions on one side of Epcot to the other, or play a round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens, and that is burning calories while you’re not even thinking about working out.”
Want to trade health and fitness tips with our Moms? Visit DisneyWorldMoms.com.
Read on for more posts about the Walt Disney World Moms Panel:
- Moms Panel Monday: Go Green with New Panelist Stacy Cacciatore
- Moms Panel Monday: Celebrate Special Events at Walt Disney World Resort with Panelist Jodie Hilson
- Moms Panel Monday: Hola! Meet Malanie Rivera, Who Can Help You Plan a Walt Disney World Resort Stay in English and Español
Moms Panel Monday: Staying Fit and Healthy at Disney Parks and Resorts by Laura Spencer: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog