Disney Pin Trading can be a great way to interact with and meet Cast Members and other Guests. My daughters love to trade Disney Pins while on vacation. We are still pretty new at it, we only have about 20 pins. I consider that still new since we've seen guests with vests full of beautiful and unique Disney Pins. They are amazing!!
Even though, its a fun activity to do while in Disney, there are a few 'rules' to follow while Pin Trading. Here are few tips for a great Disney Pin Trading experience:
- The main criteria to judge whether a pin is tradable or not is that it must be a metal pin that represents a Disney Event, Location, Character or Icon.
- Pins should in good, undamaged condition.
- Trade one pin at a time, hand to hand, with the backs attached.
When trading with Cast Members:
- Guests may trade a maximum of two pins, but may only trade one pin of the same style with the same Cast Member.
- Guests should offer a pin that is not already displayed on the Cast Member's lanyard.
- Refrain from touching another person's pins or lanyard. If you need a closer look, ask the person wearing the lanyard if they can bring it into clearer view for you.
- Disney name pins may not be traded with Cast Members.
- Monies or gifts may not be exchanged or used in trade for a pin.
- In addition to the 12 pins on Cast lanyards, some Cast Members may wear a "Showcase" pin. These "Showcase" pins are for demonstrations to our Guests and are not available for trade.
- Disney Cast Members with a green lanyard can trade pins only with children under 12 years of age. (We usually find some of the best pins here!)
Since kids have their very own Cast Members to trade with, its makes for a really fun experience.
Available to you are sets of Pins, or even just single pins to choose from. You can even purchase Walt Disney World Starter Pin Sets, like the one shown, which come with up to 4 pins to keep or share.
Or, LIKE our Facebook Page for a chance to win an Official Walt Disney World Starter Pin Set!! This giveaway starts soon!
Happy Disney Pin Trading!!
Written by Veronica Mazarelli, Agent with Destinations in Florida Travel. Veronica specializes in travel with Preschoolers and Family Trips to Disney World. Call Veronica at 615-962-5091 or email her at email@example.com to book your Disney World vacation. You can also follow Veronica at @CosmicRaysPlace on Twitter or like her on Facebook at A Fairy Tale Adventure.