I can’t believe we’re already halfway through this year’s Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. It’s been amazing so far, with everyone enjoying the 30 million blooms; the beloved Disney character topiaries; “how to” demonstrations and presentations by HGTV, DIY Network and Disney experts; unique gardens themed to the countries of World Showcase; the Flower Power Concert Series and much more.
Today, we catch up with HGTV’s Brandon Johnson, host of the hit show “My Yard Goes Disney,” hot off its second season of making Disney Parks-inspired dreams come true for families around the United States. In each episode, homeowners get a jaw-dropping backyard makeover inspired by Disney Parks that’s worthy of major family playtime. Disney Channel fans will also recognize Brandon as producer Gary Wilde from the hit show “Shake It Up.”
Like all the HGTV and DIY Superstars at this year’s festival, we found Brandon at the Festival Center, which is also being presented by HGTV. We asked Brandon to show us around the Center and put his expert eye to things for which Disney Parks Blog readers might watch out.
You can see Brandon in episodes of “My Yard Goes Disney” on HGTV and HGTV.com. The new season airs on Fridays at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT starting June 1.
And come out to see Brandon and all the other HGTV and DIY Network stars scheduled this year. The list includes (Talent/dates/subjects subject to change):
- April 20-22 – Meg Caswell, Meg’s Great Rooms – “Tips for Turning a Good Room Into a Great Room!”
- April 27-29 – Monica Pedersen, HGTV Dream Home 2012 – “Make It Beautiful: Designs and Ideas for Entertaining at Home”
- May 4-6 – Antonio Ballatore, The Antonio Treatment – “Design Outside of the Box: How to Personalize, Customize, and Inspire”
- May 11-13 – Carter Oosterhouse, Million Dollar Rooms – “10 Renovation Tips You Need To Know”
- May 18-20 – Genevieve Gorder, Dear Genevieve and HGTV Design Star – “Turning Your Landscape Inside Out”
For more information on the festival, you can check out disneyworld.com/flower and continue to check back here for more updates.
See the posts below for more updates on the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival:
- Visit the Haiti: Garden of Many Colors Exhibit at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
- Meet Disney Artist Randy Noble at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort
- Tink’s New Fairy Friend Debuts at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
Greetings from the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, Presented by HGTV by Charles Stovall, Public Relations, manager: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog