Getting ready for your Disney Cruise vacation is such an exciting time. Here are a few tips to help you prepare to set sail for your amazing Disney Cruise.
- Create a Packing List- Create a packing list based on the recommendations Disney provides in the planning center. Check off the items on your list as you pack your suitcase to make sure you bring everything you need. Don’t forget to pack a pirate costume for Pirate Night.
- Pack a Carry-On- It could be several hours before you get your bags on embarkation day. If you want to enjoy the pool, make sure you put a swimsuit and some sunscreen in your carry-on bags. You should also make sure you have all of the documents you need to board in your carry on. Guests can bring alcohol onboard. Alcohol must be packed in your carry-on bag when you board the ship.
- Prepare for Shopping- There will be plenty of opportunities to shop during your cruise vacation. If you do not travel very often make sure you call you bank and let them know your plans. You don’t want your card denied when you find that perfect souvenir. You can also purchase Disney gift cards to pay for onboard expenses. You can purchase gift cards at a discount at Sam’s Club or use your Target REDcard to save money on gift cards.
- Book Shore Excursions- The best shore excursions fill up quickly. Disney allows you to book shore excursions 75 days before your cruise. Castaway Club and Concierge Level guests can book shore excursions 90-125 days prior to sailing.
- Make Onboard Reservations- Adult dining reservations at Palo and Remy are the perfect way to celebrate an anniversary or birthday. Spa, fitness, and nursery reservations can also be made in advance. Spaces are limited so take advantage of online booking.
Written by Shante Carson — Shante is a Disney Cruise Expert with over ten cruises taken on the Disney Fantasy, Disney Fantasy, Disney Magic, and Disney Fantasy. Bon Voyage! Shante is ready to help you plan your magical Disney Cruise vacation. Book your next vacation with Shante at 252-917-0497 or firstname.lastname@example.org.